Natural Remedies Against Anemia
The word anemia when translated from Greek means – no blood, or anemia. This widespread but somewhat neglected disease, requires timely treatment, to avoid serious consequences for human health. One of the most effective and safest therapy for the treatment of anemia is to implement the “drug” of nature.
Anemia is a common disease among women, and was particularly evident among pregnant women and women with more generous period. Also, women who are often subjected to rigorous diets, generally do not consume sufficient amounts of iron in the body, leading to the emergence of anemia. Besides the above causes of anemia, there are other, more serious causes, such as: different internal bleeding (ulcer, hernia, hemorrhoids, tumors of the digestive tract …), poor absorption of iron (celiac disease, Crohn’s disease), anemia due to increased or accelerated decomposition of erythrocytes..
How to identify
This disease does not always have definite symptoms. One can not even suspect its presence, but begins gradually, imperceptibly weakens and feels weak. Often the symptoms appear only when the iron reserves are completely exhausted. Then there is the appearance of weakness, dizziness, rapid or irregular heartbeat, rapid fatigue, the appearance of pallor on the face, broken nails, hair loss, loss of appetite, headaches, bleeding from the nose and gums …
It is important to do regular blood tests in order to detect the disease in time, but also to the doctor was not sure what the cause is. Visit us at Galilee Medical Center for your blood test.
How to get iron
The daily iron requirements vary and depend on the age, gender and reserves in the body.
It is considered that the iron in meat is easier to get, but that does not mean that vegetarians will certainly have iron deficiency. What is much more important is the health of the internal organs (liver, digestive tract) – so the absorption is increased.
In order to better absorb iron
● Eat raw vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin C with a meal that contains iron. Vitamin C greatly improves the assimilation of iron in the body.
● Drinking of freshly squeezed juice before meals also increases the body’s ability to adopt the highest possible amount of iron.
● Dairy products and other foods rich in calcium eat separately from foods rich in iron, because it is proven that calcium disturbs assimilation of iron.
● Avoid using caffeinated beverages (coffee, black and green tea), especially after eating.
● It was noted that the preparation of food in containers made of cast iron slightly enriches foods with iron.
● Smoking should be avoided and in case of anemia, as it increases its development.
Foods rich in iron
* Legumes (beans, peas, lentils, soy)
* Nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts)
* Cereals to whole grain
* Pumpkin seeds
There are a number of recipes that are very effective and completely harmless in the treatment of this disease.
The best results in the fight against anemia:
♦ garlic – fresh or tincture
♦ nettle – fresh, in the form of tea or drops
♦ honey, pollen, royal jelly, honeydew (forest honey)
♦ dandelion – leaf, and can root
Over eight tablespoons finely chopped nettle leaves pour a liter of boiling water. Allow to stand for two hours, strain and drink throughout the day.
Breakfast is rich in iron
Five to six tablespoons of oat flakes pour over with soy milk. Add two tablespoons of cocoa, a tablespoon of ground walnuts and cinnamon, if desired. Before meals drink a juice squeezed from oranges with a teaspoon of honey.